Sunday, December 29, 2013

The "6 Hour" Jacket

Two days before I left for Christmas I had to hurry up and make a jacket to give to my lovely wife as a Christmas present. I did all of my cutting and prepping (interfacing, etc.) on one day and sewed for 6 hours the next day to put it together and finish it. Here's the final result. I made this lovely shawl collar jacket in a gorgeous brown suiting. Not bad huh? Needless to say she loved it! I never like to go home empty handed. Whether I'm sewing for my wife or daughter I've got to bring home something custom made (smile). What about you, did you get any custom sewn gifts this Christmas season???



4 comments:

  1. The jacket is gorgeous! I'm sure your wife will enjoy wearing it as much as you enjoyed making it for her. Please make a jacket DVD next. Can't wait to get my pants dvd. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous jacket and I can see why your wife is thrilled with it. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my limited tailoring knowledge I can see that the jacket is perfectly tailored. I echo Robin, CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A JACKET TAILORING DVD NEXT???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the jacket is lovely!! I'd love to see a U-Tube video on construction techniques.

    ReplyDelete