Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Video: Sewing a Welt Pocket on a Vest

Hello All! I was busy in my studio working on a client's vest and thought I'd give you a sneak peek into how I put a welt pocket into a vest. The video was an impromptu decision so please forgive the smart phone quality. I'm actually planning a future video that will show my pocket installation techniques in great detail. Here's the video and I've also included a few stills so you can see the details better. I know this fabric has a busy design and it may be a little hard to see details on it. As a side note, vests are a popular item for me to sew. One of my clients has a collection of about 60 vests, majority of which I've sewn. I can usually sew one together in one hour. Hope you enjoy the video and again excuse the fuzzy quality at times.


 (Marking on the vest and welt (see white chalk lines) where they need to be sewn)

 (Reverse view of vest after sewing down welt and clipping open the opening)

 (View of the pocket lining and facing after being sewn)

(Bagged pocket view up close)

Also, don't forget about my 10 Alteration DVD 2 disc set HERE! Make sure you join the giveaway. I'd love for you to win one of my wonderful DVD sets!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the useful video. It's so great just to see someone doing this technique and you make it seem so straight forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I really enjoyed watching it and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so cool! You've really distilled it down to just the most necessary bits!

    ReplyDelete